is for sale!

I have decided to sell our 1975, 25 Foot Fisher Motor sailor, COOT. I am asking $35,000. It is in the water at the marina in Des Moines Washington. I spent 5 years on the hard in Costa Mesa, California rebuilding it - new wires, windows, cushions, varnish, caprail, Yanmar engine, paint, hardware, etc. and then moved it to Des Moines where completed it with new tanbark sails, rigging, electronics, and a diesel stove/heater. It is lacking a head and fresh water plumbing. Family obligations have forced a move to Montana 7 years ago and the boat has been sitting in the water, with semi-annual maintenance done by CSR marine. I have a thumbdrive with extensive pictures of the rebuild and can arrange a dock visit if you are interested in seeing her in person. Lots of work done on her but still a few projects left to revive her after 7 years of neglect! Please email me at for more information. Thanks for your consideration.

October 28, 2019

Some history....

"It never rains in Southern California"[Editor's comment] 
Kristi and I were owners of a Pacific Seacraft 27' Orion, (a great boat), but
a planned move to Alaska (Whittier) started a search for a more cold-friendly
boat. Through some odd happenstance, a Pacific Seacraft owner in Dana Point,
had just purchased a Fisher 34 and it was love at first site when we saw it.

After an internet search we finally arrived at the FOG archives and this 25'
was listed from a year ago. A quick call to the owner and we found out it was
still for sell. It was located in Florida and I bought it sight-unseen,
mainly because the seller was very honest with me about the condition of the
boat (poor)  - and being a hot-rodder in my previous life, I did not mind
takling a project.

Coot arrived in Dana Point on Dec 23, 2002 and I have
started a complete re-make. The main problem was that the fitting to hull
bonding was leaking in various places and that water had seeped in behind the
vinyl through-out the cockpit. I have ripped all of the vinyl out and am also
in the process of removing the cap-rail for a complete re-do of this - the
stanchions, cleats, etc. We are thinking of ditching the head (just using a
bucket) and turning this space into either a hanging locker, or extending the
front berth back. I also got rid of the propane and plan to put in a diesel
heater/stove. Fresh water is next on the list of thoughts as is a new diesel.
If anyone out there really wants 2 original Volvos MD2Bs - the one in the
boat, and one "new" spare let me know. The second one would be great for a
restoration project. I haven't decided on Universal/Volvo/Yanmar or Saab yet
for the replacement. 

Coot is going up on the hard this month in Newport Beach for various re-fittings.
I will keep you updated as I pass different milestones, and hope to make it up north
on our way to Alaska, by next summer.  By the way - the picture here is the only
day it rained for the past 2 years in Dana Point. The yard almost cancelled the haul
because of "bad-weather". 

All the best and if anyone is ever down in the LA/San Diego
area, drop me a line. 

Richard Nelson
                    March 10, 2003