*Steadfast ~The artwork in the logo above was created by Lois Dahl of Whimsical Rabbit Design in Bellingham,WA. for George and Mary Lou Hestad. The artist may be reached at www.whimsicalrabbit.com
FOG was formed in 2000 as a society without an executive, constitution or fees, to offer an informal opportunity to share the joys and agonies of owning and using our own Fishers. Our boats may not be big, or new, but we are mighty pleased with our them and with ourselves.
FOG maintains five distinct registries:Eastern- the Eastern seaboard from Florida to Newfoundand
Western - the Western seaboard incl. Alaska and Texas
Associate - members of the mother group: Fisher Owners Association
"Other" - owners from all over the world
Former Foggers & Friends - those who were members and left the fold, or who want a Fisher
FOG tries to do these things:
• FISHERS FOR SALE has been discontinued. Boats for sale will continue to be offered by members through the Western or Eastern Registries. Look for "This boat is for sale..." note attached to a boat name and a specific web page will provide extensive detail and photographs.
• maintain a list of Fishers and their owners in each region.
• orchestrate annual rendevous and meetings in various locations e.g. Special Report on the 2004 Conference, Roche Harbor event Sept 2005, Friday Harbor June 2006, Genoa Bay Rendezvous September 2006, Otter Bay June 2008, Brentwood Bay June 2010.
• maintain contact with the builder, and other Fisher clubs
The group "fisherowners" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fisherowners/ has been established on Yahoo.
• FOGBLOG will help keep you connected and informed about FOG: http://fisherowners.blogspot.com/
Neat Nautical Links
Current FOG links
• Netherlands FisherClub
• The New Fisher International. A history and a new beginning
• Banjer 37 Club (a wealth of information related to motorsailers)
• Animated Knots
Here is an historical item: a Fisher Brochure from 1975/76:
FOG Rendezvous, Anacortes WA, September 14-16, 2018
NOTE: Corrected version August 1, 2018
We will be gathering at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes for our annual rendezvous. Details on the program will be released soon. There has been a group booking made for the group. Details about the Marina may be found here: http://www.portofanacortes.com/marina
You are urged to contact Chris Boulsby as soon as possible to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is required by the Marina for your booking:
1/ Boat Name2/ Boat length overall3/ Name of owner/operator4/ Owner/operator email contact info5/ Phone number (optional)6/ Expected date of arrival (Fri or Sat)
We will advise the Marina of your booking several days before the event.
(Hopefully we will have at least 8 boats by then as per our agreement ). When I send the list to Amanda I will also copy all those who have registered so we all know who is coming.
When you arrive at Cap Sante you should advise the marina that they are part of the group FOG - to be docked together as much as possible. After docking visit the office and sign in and pay the Marina directly. ( I will not be prepaying for the slips ).
Send a note to Donald Hamilton for additional information at this time.
We look forward to seeing new and old friends, several "real Fishers" and several pretenders. "If they like Fishers they must be nice"
All Fisher Owners and Friends are welcome! Join the Group!
Contact: Donald Hamilton email@example.com